Monday, February 9, 2015

A Step In the Right Direction

I was perusing Facebook and my e-mail while pondering what to write about today, when I came across a post one of my friends had added to her wall.
I am in a group that consists of a handful of women who are
trying to "get healthy," and we serve as each other's support system.
To be honest, I haven't served as much of anything yet...except perhaps for a comment or two I've made about having to hurdle over my treadmill because it's blocking my way to the kitchen, or something extremely helpful like that.
~
Anyway, this whole "it's time to get my butt in gear" thing has been weighing heavily on my mind these past few weeks, and I had to chuckle when I read through this post.
It's title is:

I quickly discovered that my idea of a balanced diet was not going to help me achieve my goals.

This, of course, caught my attention, because my belly size is right around 6-7 months. (I like to just compare it to pregnancy belly size.  It gives a much more accurate visual.)
So, if there are things I can do to reduce it in an INSTANT, by all means, 
BRING IT ON!!
Obviously, you can click on the link and read it for yourselves, but I will give you the overview.

1. Food Allergies.  
Don't ignore them if you have them.
Hmmm....I very well could have them.  I'm pretty sure that pasta and sugar bring on my migraines.  Perhaps I have a gluten sensitivity as well.
All worth checking out.

2. Packaged Food.
Bad news.  Especially because of the sodium content.
I seem to have an internal sodium indicator, because things that I used to enjoy eating now taste WAY too salty for my liking.
However, my favorite tortilla chips seem to have cut the salt all together.
I actually dumped some salt right in the bag, just to give them some flavor.
I guess I can put a check next to this category.

3. Eating Too Fast.
I am not a fast eater.  However, now that I think about it, I have been eating pretty fast lately.  When I do eat, it's usually a quick bite before I rush off somewhere.  I honestly can't remember the last leisurely meal I've had.
Put a check next to this one too.

4. Soda Addiction.
I don't drink a lot of soda...and I would NEVER allow more than one a day.  In reality, it's more like maybe 3 a week.  And that is only if I actually buy the stuff.
However, I have a glass of the calorie laden, belly bloater sitting right here in front of me as I type.
Yet another check.

5. Eating Too Close To Bedtime.
My biggest issue. 
I literally go all day, and maybe have a yogurt, and an english muffin or a piece of fruit.  Then, 8pm rolls around, and I just start munching.  I can eat a normal dinner...but I still want to just go on with the mindless bingeing until I go to bed.
Gee...I wonder why my clothes are tight.
Extra big check by this one.
~
I think what frustrates me the most is the fact that I AM NOT STUPID.
I know exactly what I need to do to change my eating habits.
I know exactly what I need to do, as far as incorporating exercise into my daily routine.
Heck...I could probably be a very successful life coach, and guide others in ALL of the areas that I struggle in.
Because I KNOW what to do.
I just don't do it.


And so, I will approach this new week with fresh eyes, and a fresh attitude.
I am also really trying to find balance in my life.
I have been feeling like things are a little out of whack.
I have either been focusing so much on one specific area, or else I try to take on everything at once, and get overwhelmed.
I think this is great advice:


I think this is what I have been wanting to do...but haven't done, because I didn't have a clear plan.
I know I don't want my work to feel like WORK.  (Don't we all want that?!!)
However, I have been allowing my work to also be my creative outlet...and because of that, I have been feeling a void.
The one thing I have been completely lacking is something that gets me up and moving.
I look at my husband, and his decision to ride his bike to work everyday....and see how much that has improved his overall outlook on life.
He is happier, less stressed, more fun to be around, healthier, and he just seems to feel good!
I, on the other hand, am cranky, achey, out of shape, flabby, and have no desire to do anything.
So....who would you rather hang out with?
Don't answer that question.
That is why things are going to start changing.
TODAY.


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment