Sunday, February 8, 2015

Files and Fumes

My cute little yellow file cabinet thingy finally arrived.
Only it isn't a cute yellow at all.
It is definitely a mustard yellow.
I would have looked great in my last house.


I had much more of a "country chic" thing going on there.  And for several years, my walls were mustard, with a red accent wall.

Oh well.
I will just set it next to my gold/yellow chair, and pretend these two pieces have any business being in my house.


By the way....this old chair used to have a seat made out of the most fabulous fabric, which had a lot of aqua in it (which is why I bought it...because it DID work in my house!)  However, Bennett the wonder dog ate a big chuck of it, as well as the cute throw pillow that matched.
I searched for similar fabric, but to no avail.
Finally, I just cut up several layers of memory foam, made a seat cushion, and covered it in yellow and gray.
Not as fabulous, but it is REALLY comfy!!
~
At any rate, the file cabinet thing DID inspire me to tackle my mess of a desk.  Now, I have work space, rather than a huge pile of stuff on my left, and a messy  dish strainer full of files to my right!
Yes, I did say dish strainer.  The old vintage ones are PERFECT for files.  I have several.


Ta-da!
(We will see how long this lasts!)
~
While I will admit, the rate in which I have been accomplishing things around here is MUCH slower than I would like (aka: the days keep getting away from me.) I have made a little progress.
I will blame all of the non-progress on an on-set of nasty headaches, and the fact that all of my favorite shows have started back up after a long winter break.
This makes for a very non-productive combination.
~
I started out with a bang last week....it died quickly...but it was a great start.
I even have proof!
Here is the master disaster (bath) before!


And after (three garbage bags, and an entire day of scrubbing, throwing, rearranging, and hallucinating from cleaner fumes.)



Now that I think about it...no wonder I had a headache for days.
Between bathroom cleaners on Monday, and then all of the dust I kicked up, and laundry detergent/dryer sheets I exposed myself to cleaning out the closet the following day....I set myself up for migraine land.
That does it.
I obviously should NOT be cleaning.
Ever again.
~
I hope you all enjoy your day.
I am off to tell my husband the wonderful news.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment