Sunday, December 21, 2014

O Christmas Tree

OK.
We have established that I have reached "break-down" mode.
It is now public knowledge that if anything else is piled on my "plate" I will not be held responsible for my behavior or reaction to any request made of me.


I think it has been implied that any financial issues I may be creating for myself will be dealt with after the first of the year.
Until then, we will simply smile, and carry on.
~
Today, I woke up, and refused to let the color "blue" enter my aura.
Oh no....I was going to have a day filled with yellows and pinks.
It was going to be happy, happy, happy!


I took a nice bubble bath...put on my Fergalicious boots...had a cookie for breakfast, and was on my way!
Oh, and I even painted my nails a festive shade of red!
Off I went to a Christmas piano recital.  (A couple of my students were playing.)
I was smiling, enjoying a Christmas CD in my car...when a text came in.
I pulled into the parking lot, and decided to check my phone quick before going into the recital hall.
It was from Mark:  "Oh....I told you my parent's were coming for Christmas...right?


(Cue: Commercial break.
Meditative breathing...Ommmm....
It's a good thing I have a box of kleenex in the car.
Because the damn weeping began....again.
I have to be honest with you.  I LOVE our quiet Christmases with just the four of us.  No pressure, no need to engage in conversation for hours when you just want to veg out, NO STRESS.
Dammit.
~
After the recital, one of the other teachers and I were talking.
He asked if I was all ready for Christmas.
I gave him 'the look,' and filled him in on my exciting Christmas news.
Before I left, he said "try not to kill your husband before Christmas."
I gave him 'the look' again.
He then said...."oh, right.  Well, try to stay out of prison then."
I stopped, and pondered.
Prison.
I would guess they might have WIFI?
If I was allowed my phone and computer...and had my own room.....
I look good in orange....as long as the stripes are horizontal.  An hour outside...I could exercise and lose some weight.
This sounds GREAT!!
And then he planted a brilliant little seed.
He laughed, and said 'I can see it now...."Stripes" the musical."
Right?!!  Oh...the dance numbers.  And the heart wrenching ballads.
This show is going straight to Broadway.
~
In other news, we finally got a tree.


We decided not to get our typical 100 foot monster.
No...this year we went to some strange little lot where you put your money in a lock box.  I wonder how many people rip the poor guy off.
I will admit, I was a teeny bit tempted to pay a little less than the sticker price...since our tree is FAR from "freshly cut."  But, then I thought..."this guy is trying to make a living too....so I will pay him full price for my sad little tree."
It felt good. :)

Of course, we have no where to actually put the darn thing...so for now, it is literally standing in the middle of the living room.
I guess I will be rearranging furniture after church tonight.
Just what I was hoping to do! :-/


See....my house looks almost exactly like the picture I shared with you the other day.


Yep...almost there!  I just need to paint my walls white. 
That should do it.
Oh....and rent a bulldozer to get the rest of the crap out of there.
THEN we will be in business.
I guess my tree kind of looks similar?
They are both a little wonky and cute.

Eh...I have a couple days.  I'm SURE my house will be magazine worthy in no time. (she says with a snort.)

Well...that furniture is not going to move itself...and Lord knows that stupid tree will stay right in the middle of the room until all the needles fall off if I don't move things now.

I know you will be waiting with bated breath for pictures of my winter wonderland.
Just don't hold your breath....it would be a sad Christmas for your family, and I am not a miracle worker.
~
Oh....I still haven't found those stupid return address labels.
Grrrr.

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment