Friday, February 6, 2015

Clutter, Cabinets, and a Big Red Case

I bought some new books.
I am sure you will be shocked by the titles:
clutter free
do less
(Notice how it's all hip to have your title appear in all lower case letters?
Yeah...I would totally do that too.)
Mini Habits
Smaller Habits, Bigger Results
Beginnings
~
What I find entertaining is the fact that I am totally cluttering up my house with books about getting rid of clutter.
~
I find that my rationale, as far as this type of book goes, is a lot like my rationale for buying exercise equipment.
Here it is:
If I buy it (and I do actually read it) then it will magically happen.

I'm still waiting to get skinny from that treadmill I have yet to get on in the basement.


I really annoy myself.
I need some ritalin or something to help me focus.
Or maybe chocolate. 
That comes without a prescription.
~
You know how sometimes you read something (like your horoscope, for instance) and you can't help but laugh, because it just feels so accurate for the kind of day you are having?

I just flipped open one of my new books:

This book has daily "meditations" and here is what is under February 6:

Finding our power when we're overwhelmed, confused or depressed requires us to do something even when we don't want to or don't feel we can.  We have all been there, and taking action is the only way out.  We may not be able to clean the entire house today, but we can clean out one kitchen drawer.  We may not be able to find a job, but we can make an appointment with someone who can help us network.

Well, fabulous.  I guess that means I need to get off my butt and do something, huh?
Maybe my little yellow file cabinet thingy will arrive, and I can putter away at that. 
My night is shot, as I have to play for two shows.
By the way...if you are in the La Crosse area, and have not seen West Side Story at the Weber Center yet...you really need to.
I realize it says "West Side Story in Concert"
but let me tell YOU....
It is the WHOLE show...fully choreographed, costumed, the whole 
she-bang....and SOOOO good!
(The orchestra isn't half bad either) ;)
shows Fri, Sat, Sun
So, there is my sales pitch for the day.

One more pic...we finally got Lexie a hard case for her cello.
I think she likes it. :)


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment