Monday, January 19, 2015

Start Again

I always amaze myself on Sundays.
This Sunday was no exception.
I proved that it is, indeed, possible to spend an entire day in bed.  Doing absolutely nothing.


Well....I did get up to eat.
But I pretended it was morning...all day (so I didn't feel so guilty about staying in bed.)
I had eggs for breakfast, crepes for lunch, and pancakes for dinner.
I'm sure those healthy choices didn't immediately turn to fat as I sat there like a beached whale.


It's really quite amazing how exhausting it is to do nothing.
I actually had to take a little nap around 6pm so I could stay awake until bedtime.
~
I should also mention, as I'm writing this...the visual that I am creating of myself is so beyond attractive...if I were single, I think I would want to date myself.
Or maybe not.
~
Luckily, my kids followed suit, and were just as lazy as I was.
(I think we were all a little tired.)

Mark, on the other hand, decided to spend his Sunday sitting out on some frozen body of water in his portable lake home...attempting to catch a fish (which, of course, did not happen.)

I am guessing that this is the only way he ever gets any quiet time to himself.
I think I would find someplace warmer, and more aesthetically pleasing than an insulated plywood man-playhouse....but, hey, whatever trips his trigger.

I told him I would make him some pretty bench cushions....he hasn't responded yet.

This looks lonely to me!

~
At any rate...we get to start fresh yet again today.
Gotta love Monday.

Now...the trick is to wake up in one of those "take on the day" moods.
Once I get that figured out....I will be in business!
The good news is that I burned through ALL of the Castle episodes I had recorded...so at least that temptation is no longer available.

Here is to a great (and productive/fun/energy filled!) Monday!

1 comment: